Sunday, March 1, 2009
Twenty-five years!
Somewhere between yesterday and today, twenty-five years ago, I had my first baby. It was February 28th 1984, 10:30 p.m. , and I had just climbed into bed and had started reading the Reader's Digest magazine when I heard a "pop" and felt like I was wetting the bed. Bret was working the graveyard shift at Thiokol so I was home alone. I wasn't sure if my water had broken or not, so I called my mom. She said yes she was sure that's what it was and told me to call Bret and my doctor immediately. I did NOT want a leap year baby! I worried about it my whole pregnancy and here I was at 10:30 p.m. on Feb. 28th with my water broken! I knew then that there was no way possible to keep that baby inside my body for over 24 hours! Oh, but what a great blessing was born to me that day! Bryce was destined to do things the hard way from the start. Born on leap year, blessed on April fools day! He just simply has a mind of his own, and equally makes life so incredibly hard for me yet also makes life so wonderful too! He listens to me and takes my advise, and he doesn't listen to me and doesn't take my advise..... equally! Lol! He's sweet and kind to me, and he's mean and makes me cry....equally! He loves me to pieces, and he doesn't like me .... equally! Lol, I drive him crazy! But, regardless, hard or not, sweet or not, ....what a great blessing was given to us twenty-five years ago somewhere between yesterday and today.... Happy Twenty-fifth Birthday to my beautiful son Bryce! Here's to you my leap year baby! oxox! I'm so proud and grateful to be your mother, and I love you so much more than you can imagine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Birthday Bryce! I have never heard the story of how he was born. Thats funny that you didn't want a leap year baby and that he was blessed on April fools.
ReplyDelete